Is Jobvite GDPR Compliant?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects the privacy and personal data of EU citizens in transactions occurring within EU member states and the export of personal data outside the EU.
Every company that does business in the EU needs to understand how to achieve and maintain GDPR compliance. Non-compliance comes with hefty fines.
When you’re looking for a software solution to attract and engage the best talent worldwide for your business, you may have considered Jobvite.
Are you wondering if Jobvite is GDPR compliant? We'll answer that in full, down below.
What is Jobvite?
Jobvite is an industry-leading, global powerhouse in recruiting. Their talent acquisition suite of software enables companies to attract, engage, hire, onboard, and promote talent. If you’re looking to hire, Jobvite does it all.
Jobvite clients are companies of every size in multiple industries, hiring varied roles, although their primary focus is the software industry. Jobvite’s Continuous Candidate Engagement (CCD) model is a candidate-centric approach to helping companies engage high-performing individuals. The platform uses automation in the recruiting cycle to improve the quality, speed, and cost-effectiveness of recruiting.
Along with talent acquisition, Jobvite provides case studies, webinars, and other events dedicated to marketing, trends, and everything related to hiring.
Who Does GDPR Compliance Affect?
Even if you don’t have a presence in the EU, you may still be required to be compliant. If you store or process personal information about citizens in any EU state, you must comply.
Other requirements include:
- If you have a presence in an EU country
- If you process any personal data of European residents
- If you have more than 250 employees
- If fewer than 250 employees, but your data processing affects the right and freedoms of your data subjects, is more than occasional, or includes sensitive data
Does that sound like it includes just about every company you know? You’re right – it includes most companies. Chances are good your company needs to be compliant.
What Does it Mean for a Recruiting Platform to be GDPR Compliant?
It’s essential to be GDPR compliant if you’re doing business in the EU. GDPR protects EU citizens from data and privacy breaches by strengthening protections for personal identifying information (PII).
As of 2018, all companies doing business in the EU were required to be GDPR compliant. If not, your company could amass fines up to 4% of your global revenue.
What does GDPR do:
- Broadens the definition of personal data, adding online identifiers
- Requires greater transparency about what data you are collecting, at the time of collection, and how it will be used
- Creates direct liability: implements measures to protect individuals, notify individuals of breaches, and have a data protection officer to manage compliance
- Implemented organizational requirements for maintaining documentation and records of policies and activities
- Established a requirement to appoint a local representative in EU states where your company does business
- Requires informed consent for collecting data
- Demands prompt reporting of a data breach to the GDPR authority within 72 hours of the breach, if there is risk to the rights and freedoms of the subject
Jobvite has taken steps to automate much of these compliance requirements for its clients on the platform.
Does Jobvite Meet the Standards for Compliance?
As part of their move to DGPR compliance, in 2018 Jobvite introduced self-service capabilities into their platform to make it simple for clients to address GDPR requirements themselves.
The Jobvite platform integrates features to accommodate GDPR for their clients, including:
- The ability to post privacy policies for each region or organization
- Customizable forms to obtain and record consent
- Customizable data retention period
- Consent for historical data
- Ability to delete candidate information
- Automated email alerts and Request of Consent forms
- Tools to accommodate requests to view information, update the profile, or delete candidate data
- Robust reporting for all data-related activities
Jobvite also follows the same compliance guidelines as their clients, a comforting fact for clients.
What’s the Verdict?
It’s safe to say that Jobvite is GDPR compliant. As a leader in global recruiting tools, Jobvite understands the importance of compliance and of protecting its clients. Not only has it been compliant since 2018, but the Jobvite website is a wealth of information about GDPR compliance.
Achieving GDPR compliance isn’t necessarily easy. It can be confusing and requires an in-depth understanding of the impact it may have on your business. If you’re not in the EU, you may be surprised at how broad the net of data is. Protected data includes:
- Identity, including name, address, ID numbers
- Web data: location, cookie data, RFID tags, IP address
- Health and genetic data
- Race or ethnicity
- Political stance
- Sexual orientation
The good news is you don’t have to interpret the requirements on your own. Aside from being compliant itself, Jobvite gives its clients the tools to support compliance. And companies like Accountable are here to guide you through as well.
Accountable makes GDPR compliance simple by clearly outlining the requirements and policies your company needs to manage compliance. We have all the tools you need to understand the impact on your company and identify potential risks of a breach. Don’t wait until there’s a data breach to take GDPR compliance seriously. Schedule a call with us today.