It’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month!
October 2021 represents the 18th year of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month hosted jointly by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). The goal of this dedicated month is to “continue to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity across our Nation, ensuring that all Americans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online.”
This year, in 2021, the theme of Cybersecurity Awareness Month is:
“Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.”
CISA and NCSA chose this timeless theme as an encouragement to both individuals and organizations to embrace their part in being cyber smart. A few ways they mention doing this is through “protecting their part of cyberspace, stressing personal accountability and their importance of taking proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity.”
Schedule of Events
For each week of the month, the CISA and NCSA will encourage all participants to focus their programming and outreach on a specific area. Here is the schedule of four themes:
- Week 1 beginning October 4th: Be Cyber Smart
- Week 2 beginning October 11th: Phight the Phish
- Week 3 beginning October 18th: Explore. Experience. Share.
- Week 4 beginning October 25th: Cybersecurity First
In order to track and advertise your involvement in this, be sure to use the hashtag #BeCyberSmart, as this will also help spread awareness to others!
How To Get Involved
This month and the included events are a great opportunity to engage with the cybersecurity community and further promote smart cybersecurity within your organization and your role. So.. how do you get involved in this?
- Follow along on National Cyber Security Alliance’s social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Youtube.
- Watch this webinar with all the information you need to know about the month.
- Take a read through this webpage to get an idea of other ways you could be involved!
- Be sure to also keep an eye on Accountable’s Twitter and LinkedIn throughout October as we share relevant information to promote involvement from all our clients and readers.
Get ready for a month of learning to #BeCyberSmart with advice, insights, tips, and more from all kinds of different cybersecurity organizations and professionals! Happy National Cybersecurity Awareness Month everyone!